Hi, guys. This may be a redundant question for this forum, but is there some sort of list or a way to find names or links to all or at least most of the glass cockpit manufacturers or dealers. I could, of course, look them up if i knew WHO to look up. Drop me any names or links please and email me if you have any cons of a particular system and i will keep it confidential. This is just for myself. I do not wish to start any slander of anyone or system by asking it to be displayed publicly, but it helps to know what other peoples problems are or have been, if any. Thanks, Tom in Ga.

Assuming we're talking about EFIS units that are sold specifically for experimentals, and have shipped real units to customers:

Sub $10K:

Dynon Avionics -- these guys are the best ;)

Advanced Flight Systems
Blue Mountain Avionics
Grand Rapids Technologies
MGL Avionics

$10K+:

Chelton
Garmin
OP Technologies

A few ...

Here are four "experimental" vendors that have been around for a while. There are plenty others (including the certified Garmin, Avidyne and Chelton on the higher end), but this should at least get you started.

Grand Rapids
http://www.grtavionics.com

Dynon
http://www.dynonavionics.com

Advanced Flight Systems
http://www.advanced-flight-systems.com/

Blue Mountain
http://www.bluemountainavionics.com/

I see you are in Augusta. If you stop by EAA Chapter 242 in Columbia (KCUB), within a week or two, you can see some of these in some state of action.

James

Here

Hi Tom,
I'm less than an hour from you in Louisville. I have my Enigma Stratomaster setup for display. Look up "Smith Aviation, Inc."

Regards,

Hi Tom,

By way of introduction, my name is Carlos Fernandez with Grand Rapids Technologies.

GRT provides EFIS for experimental aircraft including the GRT Sport, Horizon Series 1 and Engine Monitoring (EIS).

If you have general questions about GRT I would be happy to answer them here or more specific questions via phone or email.

Regards,

Carlos Fernandez
Sales & Support
GRT Avionics
[email protected]
616-245-7700

Vertical Power

Vertical Power works with your EFIS and engine monitor, and simplifies your wiring by by replacing swithces, breakers and lots of other modules with solid-state controls. More info at the link below. :D

More GRT WX Options?

Hi Tom,

By way of introduction, my name is Carlos Fernandez with Grand Rapids Technologies.

GRT provides EFIS for experimental aircraft including the GRT Sport, Horizon Series 1 and Engine Monitoring (EIS).

If you have general questions about GRT I would be happy to answer them here or more specific questions via phone or email.

Regards,

Carlos Fernandez

Carlos, any timeline as to when you guys are going to expand your weather info? I was playing around with a 496 the other day, and I was jealous!

Hans

Carlos, any timeline as to when you guys are going to expand your weather info? I was playing around with a 496 the other day, and I was jealous!

Hans

We are working on additional weather features for release in early '08.

Regards,

Carlos Fernandez
Sales & Support
GRT Avionics

and another question...

Hi Carlos -

Any news on the release date for the HX Horizon units.

I am on wait for the HS however timing wise I am hoping to upgrade to HX if they are going to be ready on time.....?

And also....any more news on the inclusion of AOA. Need to know if its coming soon so I can finalise my panel which already has holes in it including the holes for my HS/HX units depending on whats available at the time.

Cheers/regards,

JON.

Hi Carlos -

Any news on the release date for the HX Horizon units.

I am on wait for the HS however timing wise I am hoping to upgrade to HX if they are going to be ready on time.....?

And also....any more news on the inclusion of AOA. Need to know if its coming soon so I can finalise my panel which already has holes in it including the holes for my HS/HX units depending on whats available at the time.

Cheers/regards,

JON.

Hi Jon,

We're delaying the HX release due to hardware/supplier delays. Right now I can't say when we will be shipping the first units however it won't be in December.

The first iteration of the AOA will be a calculated AOA (no external probes or sensors required). We believe we can produce an AOA solution with our current hardware however it needs to be verified. It will be early '08 for the calculated AOA.

No promises, just what I see from this side of the window.

Best Regards,

Carlos Fernandez
Sales & Support
GRT Avionics

Last edited:
HS units if you're ready to fly

For those that are getting ready to fly and are awaiting the HX model let us know so we can get HS models to you and exchange them out when the HX comes available.

Best Regards,

Carlos Fernandez
Sales & Support
GRT Avionics

Hi Carlos -

I'm in that boat. If you can send me the HS screens (I have got two on backorder) ASAP I'll run with that and then upgrade/changeover at the appropriate time. Should have sent this message by email but, while I'm on the roll......

Thx

JON