What material is on your glareshield?

• Total voters

Scott Will

Well Known Member
Just curious what everyone's using on the glareshield. I have mine painted flat back with Rustoleum now (like on Dan's site) but don't know how it holds up over time.

Any good ideas?

Scott Will said:
Just curious what everyone's using on the glareshield. I have mine painted flat back with Rustoleum now (like on Dan's site) but don't know how it holds up over time.

Any good ideas?

Mine is entirely covered with strips of female velcro (the 2" wide "industrial" strips you can buy at Lowe's or Home Depot) butted together to make a solid sheet.

It looks good, is totally non-glare, and i can stick stuff on the glareshield if I want by putting buttons of "hook" velcro.

Also cheap and easy.

James Freeman

I cut a piece of that corrigated white board, used for making interior cabin sidewalls, the shape of the glareshield, covered it with black matt vinyl and velcroed it to the AL. It tucks nicely under the canopy edges and is easily removable for replacement, if needed. I extended it about 2" past the rear edge so it provides some extra shade over my GPS and other instruments.

Roberta

trunk carpet

They make a special, thin kind of carpet to line car trunks with that's only about 1/8 inch thick. Believe it or not, I found it in grey at Home Depot (it must have some other usage). Automotive upholstery shops have it in Nylon, which is fire-safe.

I probably would have done my whole interior with it, but by the time I discovered it, I had already bought upholstered side panels.