EastCoastFlyer

Friend
I?m in the process of putting in the optional glareshield. Does anybody have any cool ideas on what to paint it with and/or how to finish the aft edge?

aepamh.jpg

I bought the edge from McMaster Carr
The carpet is from Flightlines Interior

I also painted the underside the same as my interior

I have not fitted the glareshield yet.
Not sure if it is an advantage over standard non glareshield panel.

You want a flat finish paint to avoid glare. I did the 6 with rattle can flat black. While it looks good, the paint burnishes very easy with any rubbing. I learned a trick for my 10. I used SPI black epoxy primer. Put first coat on as normal. For the second coat, I thinned it 50% with reducer. This leaves something between flat and egg shell finish that is tough as nails and won't burnish.

I got some thin and small rubber edge material from Mcmaster Carr for 1/32" material and it holds nicely and looks good.

Larry

I painted mine flat black and then bought some 5/16? fuel line from AutoZone, slit it the full length with a razor and glued it to the trailing edge with 3M 1099. I think it looks pretty snappy.

As for bare vs having the shield, I highly recommend it. It does exactly what its purpose is - keeps the glare off of the panel displays, most notably during daylight when the sun is to the side or behind you.

I used black automotive sub speaker cloth. It's very black, thin, easy to cut and fit into the small corners. Use a small amount of spray adhesive and lay it down. Pretty easy. Here's the link to the item on Amazon. For the edge, I used a very nice one from Classic Aero Designs. Those guys are great--highly recommended.