Lionclaw

Well Known Member
I bought some velcro loop from mcmaster and glued it to my glareshield with loctite spray adhesive. The day after I glued it down I found that a bunch of bubbles and wrinkles had formed. I managed to work it down flat again. Now two weeks later I'm at the hangar and it looks worse than ever. I'm guessing there's some sort of temperature or humidity problem.

I'm probably going to rip it all out and start over. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could try the same velcro with some 3m spray adhesive. I just really don't want to have to do this a third time.

Why not flat or semi-gloss black paint? Lightweight, inexpensive, easy to clean, no bubbles, no fire risk.

Mine looks great after 10 years.

Probably going to cost a bit more, but I recommend the glare shield from Flightline. It's a self contained mat that Velcro's to the aluminum. We put one in the 10 and it is outstanding. Call Abby, she'll take care of you.

We use the 3m hi strength 90 adhesive for our glare shields. We use fabric, not velcro, but have not had a bubble problem on any of them. We apply the adhesive evenly to the back of the fabric and to the glareshield, wait a few minutes for them to get tacky and put them together.