dan carley

Well Known Member
I have a ipad mimi mounted on my panel in my rv4, having troubles trying to see it because of the sun glare. has anyone come up with some kind of sun blocker?

thanks
danny carley

I just bought a screen protector from Walmart that works well. There are some made for just that purpose but they are expensive.

I purchased my anti-glare screen protector from my local AT&T store and it works well. I've also mounted my iPad mini on top of the battery tunnel forward of the stick which keeps it out of direct sunlight.

Throw out the mini ipad. All those "glare" shields do is make it even harder to see---(experience talking) Get that Nexus 7.2 (Can't remember the exact ID, but you want the one made in 2013). Don't get the Nexus 7 made before 2013. A Nexus 9 is better yet, but way to big for an RV 4.

I purchased my anti-glare protection from Amazon and it works well. Get the most expensive one. Keep the mini it's a great tool. :D

nexus

Get a nexus 7 around $ 98 online Steve Melton and I did a side by side comparison in sunlight no comparison Bought a reconditioned Nexus very I
can see it fine on a bright sunny day wouldn't throw out the iPad. I have it the airplane for backup.

nexus7

is the nexus 7 the same size as the ipad mini? I have a mount on my panel for the mini would it fit? also will it run garmin pilot program?

danny

There are significant differences between the performance of different brand and model screen protectors. If someone says they have one that works well, be sure to ask for the exact make and model they are using.

There are significant differences between the performance of different brand and model screen protectors. If someone says they have one that works well, be sure to ask for the exact make and model they are using.

So true. That's why I mentioned the most expensive one. :)