Oops!!

Ah well, the Space Station has a lot more where those two came from..... :eek:

Actually, both of the bolts that got away were pretty small, and they were supposed to be captive. We'll have to figure out exactly what went wrong on those....of course, working outside with the suit gloves is like trying to build an RV with heavy ski gloves on - INFLATED heavy ski gloves..... :rolleyes:

When I was building the Valkyrie, I'd occasionally sweep the shop (very occasionally!), and sort all the hardware I found under the tool box, workbench, wing stand...I could probably build another tail with all the rivets I'd find!

Cheers,

Paul

I'm frowning

I know this bothers everyone concerned and it will be reviewed to death. The program to prevent foriegn objects is formally applied on the ground in the OPF, VAB and 39A & B for example. It will result in a NASA Lesson Learned you can be sure. These folks do the seemingly impossible but things and people get rusty with the low level of flight operations seen over the past four years. They will get this under control.

Bob Axsom

How long?

Paul,
I'm not sure if most of us could ever get an RV built using inflated gloves, but it sure gives us earthbounders a better idea of what the challenges are in space!

Any guess on how long those bolts might stay in orbit? Is it a matter of weeks/months/years? Also would their orbital trajectory pose a future hazard for the ISS or subsequent Shuttle resupply flights?
Thanks

Joe Blank
RV-6
N6810B

Ooops!

Joe Blank said:
Paul,

Any guess on how long those bolts might stay in orbit? Is it a matter of weeks/months/years? Also would their orbital trajectory pose a future hazard for the ISS or subsequent Shuttle resupply flights?
Thanks

Joe Blank
RV-6
N6810B

Future hazard for ISS??? How about future hazard for us RV guys flying around? Let's be careful up there!! :)