ericwolf

Well Known Member
I've had this idea for some time, but I finally got around to making it. My dad is currently building a 72' X 36' workshop. Half will be for storage and half will be heated workshop (while I'm building an airplane in a 20' X 20' garage, go figure). He is almost done with it, but I noticed that it didn't have a clock. I decided to make one out of the materials I have and using the construction methods I know.

I bought a cheap clock and disassembled the mechanism. I cut the ring out of 0.063? sheet with my circle cutter. It is riveted and bolted to a circle of 0.032? sheet. In the back is a bracket for hanging on the wall. Simple but effective. I hope that he likes it.
clockuo0.jpg

Nice!
Your clock kind of has a 1930's industrial thing going on. Like something you'd see on Flash Gordon. You ought to make a smaller one that would fit in your cockpit. :)

Last edited:
So many possibilities....

I'm making a 4x6 photo frame for my wife with "leftovers". (She likes gifts with a "personal" touch.) I hadn't thought about a clock, though. (GREAT! One MORE project on my mind!)

Nice looking.

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good [flight]."

Fred
magaref "at" hayscisd.net

Good Gift Eric

I'm sure your father will like it. I would never have thought about it but I am seriously considering building one for myself.

Bob Axsom

Picture Frame

FredMagare said:
I'm making a 4x6 photo frame for my wife with "leftovers"....
Great idea, Fred. I would have never thought of the picture frame. How about a picture frame with your airplane picture in it (maybe this is what you were thinking)?