sprucemoose

Well Known Member
I took these shots this morning at what was left of Van's booth. Every year when the show is over, the outlines of planes remain in the grass, and we refer to them as the Ghost Squadron. Unfortunately, due to the very dry grass back in Area 51/ RV parking (we had a drought going before we got all the rain during the convention, go figure) there wasn't much of a squadron there.

DSC01536%20(Medium).JPG

DSC01540%20(Medium).JPG

In the second pic, note the middle plane, which appears to have longer, skinnier wings. This was the 12. Also note the wedge in the upper right corner, which was a QB fuse on display.

Thanks

Jeff!

Thanks so much for those pics. That was my QB on display. I will add that pic to my log if you don't mind.

Antony

Cool pics Jeff! It is almost eerie to look at them, and know that 600,000+ people were on those grounds last week! :eek:

Thanks Jeff

We here at the SoCal Wing wanted to thank Jeff for another great time in Area 51. His welcome to Fond du Lac after we shut down on Sunday set the stage for a great week. He also ensured we taxied together on our Friday departure. This was my 5th OSH trip and his friendly help is always appretiated. Thanks again Jeff.

Tom, Dave, Dan, John, Laird and Mark
SoCal Wing, Van's Air Force

Thanks Jeff

Jeff,
THanks again for your help with your battery charger and getting me out of Oshkosh....I started to feel a little like the last one there....I called the tower as I taxied out and he said..."everything in your notam and that you know about Oshkosh is over...we're a regular airport again."
I didn't have any of that on the knee board....
oh well....my freshly polished 8 ran great and started up perfectly after you resued me with a good battery charger.
It was nice meeting you and you probably were taking these pics as I was departing on 18R
Doug Bell

Antony- feel free to use the pic, and I can send you the original, hi-res version if you want it.

Tom- glad you had a good time and glad to help. You'd be surprised how many people believe me that they really are in FDL.

Doug- glad you made it home OK, it was my pleasure to help. I gave Joe Schumaker his charger back and recommended that he donate it to Waste Management inc. And, you were not the last one there. The last RV departed Area 51 at 12:30PM this afternoon, and believe me it is good to have her back home and in the hangar, with more storms forcast for tonight.

Those are nice images. The Ghost Squadron is a very fitting name.

Antony, that fuse looked really nice. Mine is suppose to ship the week of the 21st but I'm afraid it will be a little flatter than yours when it gets here. (SB) :rolleyes: