GoN4Broke

Friend
I'm working on the empennage of my RV-12 and a pretty basic question came to mind. How am I gonna get this thing out of my garage when it's finished? My door threshold is 7' and the tail is 8'4". My first thought was that I should be able to just push the tail down 16 - 18" and slide it right under the door frame. For those of you who are building in a garage is this how you do it or do you just leave off the Vstab until it's out of the garage ? :confused:

Either way works. If you have a place (hangar) for final assembly, you can leave the VS off. If you intend to complete everything you can in the garage, get someone to help you hold the nose up/tail down while you roll it out.

A sand bag on the hor stab spar reduces the amount you have to push down on any aprt with your hand. Its nice to have a couple people watching. After that, hook it up and tow it if the hangar is close or trailer it up and git er done!!

My hangar was about 2 miles from the house, so I towed the RV7A down the street without wings.

garage move

I cut 2- 14 inch square pieces of plywood and mounted four castoring wheels on each piece, then slid these little dollies under the main wheels and moved it around very easily. Lifted the nose up and out of the garage and onto the trailer.

Thanks everybody for your input. I plan to finish out all the assembly - except mounting the wings, prior to moving it to the airport. :D