Ron B.

Well Known Member
Last year I recall reading the arrival procedure for Sun N Fun had some requirements for aircraft traveling down from the north to passed Orlando and Tampa. Seem to me there were narrow corridors for VFR traffic? I'm thinking if (big if) weather permits might make it to Kissimmee Friday (friends house). Any tips for navigating arround Orlando would be appreciated. We will be using flight following, but think we will get dropped due to the traffic into Sun N Fun but we might be early and get FF all the way.
Thanks Ron

Hi Ron,
I think it is just a timing/traffic saturation issue as far as ATC flight following goes. Two years ago we flight followed right into Kissimmee coming from the Northwest, but most years around S&F time they do drop you. The arrival into Sun and Fun is fairly easy however the volume of traffic keeps your head on a swivel until you get interval on the arrival.

Download the Tampa-Orlando TAC 44 from here:
http://aeronav.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=aeronav/applications/VFR/chartlist_tac

This will give you both the Orlando and Tampa TACs and a VFR Fly 44 chart for Orlando which will show you the VFR corridors around the Orlando Class B that you referenced. Once you depart KISM it's clear sailing into the arrival for S&F. Have a good trip!

Rocky

not sure if you have the option, but just pickup IFR in that area and they'll fly you right over disney world, etc- much easier