Scott Hersha

Well Known Member
Here's a thread on the arrival woe's from RV'ers trying to get in to the 'show' from a less advantageous starting point. This is being written on opening day, Monday. So many of you have a much better perspective and better chance of getting in today or tomorrow, because you were able to get close yesterday or Saturday. Here I sit 2 hours away in Cincinnati at 0630 OSH time ready to blast off, but not knowing whether I can even get in to one of the 'reliever' airports when I get there. Fond Du Lac is full, ATW probably will be by the time you read this, MTW will be soon too, with every conceivable type of airplane, and we are all waiting for the 9am report from the officials at Airventure as to this mornings arrival status. When they decide to let a few arrivals in, there will be a mad dash for the finish line. I think it will be like that today and tomorrow - letting a few in here and a few there as conditions improve, both for aircraft and campers on the ground. This year will be a test for the reliever airport capacity and transportation resources. I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but having to be home by Wednesday morning, doesn't leave me with very good options. I know I'm one of many, maybe hundreds, with this same dilemma. There should be some really good deals from the vendors this year because of the record small crowds..... OK, I'm sounding pessimistic, sorry. For those of you there, take lots of pictures. I'll try to join you, but it doesn't look good.

Fly up to KAZO and visit your old office in the museum basement while you wait.

Or go over to lakew Austin and visit with Gustaffson. I imagine he is 85 years old now and probably married to a rich 30 yr old.

Good idea Milt. I guess I'll blast off, stop a couple times to check, maybe have lunch with my sister in Lansing. I'll check in with Bob G. later and his, no doubt, hot wife.