Jeff R

Well Known Member
Seems like that are several of us who are getting close to first flights. I recently had a first engine start, been talking to a DAR, will be taking a first round of transition training from Jan Bessel Saturday, did a brief taxi test, and have been whittling down that punch list to where I realize there is very little that has to be done before she's ready to fly. Kind of freaky.

I remember first sitting in my bare cockpit, with a piece of plywood as a floor board, sans stick and panel, making airplane noises, and now I have real seats, a real dual Dynon EFIS panel (more than I could have imagined just 5 years ago), and I am taxing the dern thing making REAL aircraft noises!

So cool.

Not to imply I am not nervous about what I will soon be facing, as I am indeed, but that discussion would deserve a separate thread. But, for those of you just starting, the journey is difficult and frustrating at times, but at this point I remember nothing of the pain. Heck, when this baby flies, I will be wanting to start building another airplane. Maybe not an RV, but something.

Heck, when this baby flies, I will be wanting to start building another airplane. Maybe not an RV, but something.

I seriously doubt that. All your extra money will be spent on gas and all free time on destinations. :)