MikeJ 7A

So... I started my 7A tail kit in 2007. I worked slowly until mid 2008, finishing everything but the elevators.
Then life got... complicated.

Next thing I know, two years have flown by!

Today I built the practice tool box (that I never bothered to build when I first started) just to see if I could still buck a rivet.

I'm happy to report it was just like riding a bike! The tool box turned out great and I'm looking forward to finishing the elevators.

And yes, I do have the 2008 SB wings still in the crate.

It feels GOOD to be building again. :D

MikeJ

Welcome back. The trick now is to keep moving. I tried to do something, however small, on the project every day. Some days the RV-8 project only got 10 minutes. Other days it got several hours.

Welcome back. The trick now is to keep moving. I tried to do something, however small, on the project every day. Some days the RV-8 project only got 10 minutes. Other days it got several hours.

Good plan. I have a hard time parsing up my time without feeling horribly inefficient. I like to work when I know I have a large chunk of time available. Of course, that never seems to happen. :rolleyes:

i like Kevin's description and the word "work" never enters into it. some days it isn't really work at all.... you are scanning the docs, reading the plans... thinking about how to tackle a certain aspect of the build. most things take effort, no question.... but using the term "work" would maybe better substituted for "build".;)