RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I'm trying to hook my 496 up to my Dynon D10A and as far as I can tell all I need to do is hook the data (blue) wire from the Dynon power harness to pin 22 on the Dynon.
Can anyone tell me if I'm understanding the schematics correctly.
I have already made a 9 pin connector for serial input and have upgraded the Dynon software and it talks to my computer just fine.
In the schematic it appears that I use the same wire (pin 22) that I had to run to the 9 pin serial connector for the software upgrade, so I put a switch in the wire that will allow me to change from the 496 for data input back and forth to the serial cable for software upgrades.
Am I reading these things correctly?
All I know for sure is if you let the smoke out of the wire things don't work right.

Short answer. Yes.

I also think you could just leave out the switch and turn the 496 off (or disconnect the connector from the 496) when you hook up the serial port to the computer for software upgrades. That is what I do for my Dynon/496 hookup.

Here's a second vote for Tom's answer - when we hooked up the 396 to Louise's Dynons, we just hooked it up straight, and leave it turned off when connecting the computer - which is only done very rarely.

Paul

One more option...

I crimped a male pin onto the blue wire and just plugged it into the connector. When I get ready to plug into the computer, I simply unplug the blue wire.

Last edited: