I have a buddy that is thinking about building a RV 12. Are the any builders or flying 12s close to west central Georgia, east central Alabama? My buddy is based at Eufaula, Ala.

I did a search in the white pages and found 3 or 4 in Fla. and one in Macon Ga.

Thanks, Larry

RV 12 Builders

I have a buddy that is thinking about building a RV 12. Are the any builders or flying 12s close to west central Georgia, east central Alabama? My buddy is based at Eufaula, Ala.

I did a search in the white pages and found 3 or 4 in Fla. and one in Macon Ga.

Thanks, Larry
There are two flying listed in north central Georgia at
www.rvbuilderlist.com

Last edited:
Building

I'm building a -12 in Powder Springs. Tail done and working on wings. Fly into 20ga and I will pick you up. (My -6A is based there)

Dick,
The Tail went together good but the Hoildays and Jonathan wanting to fly are slowing me down! Both Spars are ready just cleaning up and fluting ribs......

GA or AL RV12

Larry,
I'm doing a -12 in Huntsville, quite a ways North of your buddy, but maybe closer than some. Macon, GA may be the closet?
Dave
Emp done, Wings done, 1/2 fuse kit.
Petitioning Santa for the Finish! (maybe next year)

Flying

Hi Kurt and Dave,

Thanks for the response. I built a 9-A about 10 years ago (slow build) and flew it 900 hrs. I now have a 7-A that I built (quick build) that has about 50 hrs. on it. It took me two years to build each one, I'm older and can't move as fast now. How does the 12 compare to the other kits for build time and difficultly?

If anyone has flown a 6 or 7, or 9 and a 12, how does the 12 compare?

Thanks,
Larry

Larry, I built a 6A 8 yrs ago and flew over 600 hrs. A wonderful airplane which now lives with a fine gentleman in LA. Started an RV12 in Aug. '08 , and finished in June of this year. Have only 45 hrs on it due to Dynon issues (2 mos dn), and engine bolt issues (1 mo dn). It too is a great airplane. Flies like the 6A only a little slower. Has same light stick feel, and very positive control. Off the ground in about 300', climbs very well at 85kts, cruises at 120kts, vs 165kts for the 6A, wheels on the runway at 40kts. Lighter (730 lbs) so bounces around a bit more. Takes a bit to get used to the Rotax, but it's a fine engine, and it burns premium auto gas primarily, and 100ll if you are in a bind for fuel. I am very happy with the 12.
Dick Seiders 120093

Georgia Builders

George and I are co-owners of kit #16 and are hangared in Cartersville, Ga. Holler if ya'll need any good or bad advice.
Meade
N612RV:)