N42AH

Well Known Member
Just received this from the South Carolina Aviation Assn for those of you that can fly for lunch on Friday
The Jekyll Island Airport is in need of your help. The FAA has dropped their funding. With the help of local aviation leaders they are hoping to get this issue reversed. How can you help? This Friday, December the 12th a representative from the FAA will be doing an inspection of the Jekyll Island Airport. If this FAA person sees activity at the airport maybe it will help their cause. They are inviting the aviation community to FLY airplanes to Jekyll Island for a free lunch. Rich Van Iderstyne, at the airport, will give you a "Red Bug" electric car and buy you lunch at The Red Bug Pub and Pizza restaurant.
Please feel free to pass this information around. They appreciate your help.
http://jekyllislandairport.com/

Clear weather

Weather this weekend looking great. Might have to leave the kit building behind and fly the pickup-truck maule down there.

Thanks for the heads up.
Cj

Love Jekyll - Rich, Red Bugs, Jekyll Island Club brunch... can't beat any of it!!

A shame to hear this field may be on the chopping block:(

Just flew over Jekyll Island on the way back from Florida last weekend. I could be there Saturday, but no more vacation days this year.

I might be able sneak out for lunch tomorrow and it is only an hour for me.
If anyone else is going I will give it a try.

Flight of at least five RV's....

from North Florida plan on being there about 11:30.

Update: looks like seven now...

Last edited:
I am in the Caribbean otherwise I would fly in right now. Jekyll is a nice place to visit and should remain open.

Pretty good showing for lunch today.
Also very good pizza at Red Bug Pizza.
I didn't count the planes but I would guess 50. This picture is only facing one direction. There are as many the other direction.
21kdxye.jpg
[/IMG]

Rich is a great guy, and this airport is an absolute jewel. One of the best places to go spend a nice day or two.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the city council trying to close the airport a few years ago to make some sort of park? SAD:(