Pat Hatch

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I just noticed this morning (Monday) that there is a new Foreflight update that includes geo-referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams. :)

I am in the process of downloading it now so not entirely up to date on it, but I gather that if you want this new feature it will require upgrading to Foreflight Pro which is $150 per year versus $75 for the current subscription rate.

I suspected that this was in the works and it looks like they have teamed with Seattle Avionics for the geo-referenced approach plate subscription. So, I for one am pretty excited about this development but time will tell just how useful it will be and if its worth a doubling of the annual subscription rate!

Last edited:
Geo-referenced Approach Plates in Foreflight!

I flew the new geo-referenced approach plate feature today on my iPad. I can confirm that this new feature works really, really well. I especially like the taxi diagram feature... I can see where this would be very handy at a larger (and unfamiliar) airport. The approach plates are very nice with this new feature, increasing situational awareness by an order of magnitude, I think. I note that when shooting an approach using my GX-60/MX-20 combo, having the geo-referenced approach plate in an always north-up orientation just gives another perspective to the approach that greatly increases SA. My position on the approach plate was always 10M or better accuracy and actually seemed more accurate than the panel GPS. I use the Bad Elf GPS dongle. Like it a lot.