aadamson

Well Known Member
I've read a few threads lately with safety related importance. I was also reminded the other day that I had created a single document that others might find helpful.

When my partner and I created out partnership in a '97 172R, we decided to add a level of professionalism to our flying - especially when we had family, friends or others in the airplane. We figured if the Airlines did it, it may help us be more safety minded. We also developed a couple of short memorization tools to help with certain aspects of flight. This has since carried over to the '04 182T that we now own and will also be applied to the Lancair Legacy that we are building. We print a copy, laminate it and put it in the airplane and use it all the time.

For example, included in the document are the following
  • Welcome aboard and introduction statement
  • Flight numbers for the vaious configurations of flight
  • Preflight instrument checklist
  • Instrument approach acronym (used to verify proper setup of the approach)

This "Word" document is slightly formatted. I put it together to be printed in "kneeboards" style and it could be laminated if so desired.

Feel free to hack it up for your specifics, but I figured, I'd share :)

General Purpose Checklists

Have fun, and be safe!

binder

...and a surplus US Airforce crew checklist binder is a great way of storing the checklists.

Usually available a big fly-ins or on e-bay.

This is what they look like... easy to fold open and read a page at a time... and the pages slide into vinyl covers.

Checklist_binder.jpg

gil in Tucson

PS ex-airforce folks please ignore, you know what they are.... :)