s10sakota

Well Known Member
Hi All,

In about a year I'm going to move either to Dallas (just west of DFW airport) or Chicago. Still trying to figure out where!

I know it's kind of a general question, but can anyone give me an idea of what hangars sell for in the area, or what typical hangar rent costs? No shared hangar. Just looking for something like a T hangar for one airplane (RV-7).

Thank you

Hi All,

In about a year I'm going to move either to Dallas (just west of DFW airport) or Chicago. Still trying to figure out where!

I know it's kind of a general question, but can anyone give me an idea of what hangars sell for in the area, or what typical hangar rent costs? No shared hangar. Just looking for something like a T hangar for one airplane (RV-7).

Thank you

I'm paying 250/month at executive (KRBD)

I'm paying 250/month at executive (KRBD)

Are you still at KRBD these days? Do you like it there? I'm in the Uptown area. I'm still a year or two away from needing it, but I know that sometimes there is a long wait list for hangar space. I'm afraid that if I have to drive too far (e.g. McKinney) that I will not fly\build as much as I should.

Are you still at KRBD these days? Do you like it there? I'm in the Uptown area. I'm still a year or two away from needing it, but I know that sometimes there is a long wait list for hangar space. I'm afraid that if I have to drive too far (e.g. McKinney) that I will not fly\build as much as I should.

Yup, still there. I was in uptown too, and the drive wasn't that bad. I'm over in Lakewood now and since they have torn up 30/35 it takes me about 20 - 30 minutes to get there. Not ideal, but it's workable.

Didn't have any trouble getting a hangar - I bet they'd have empty ones. better yet, if you want a roommate let me know and we can split the cost.