olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Just installed and wired the Gemini PFD including the Pitot & Static connections. I hooked up the GPS 296 output to the PFD and according to the 296 manual I can use both GPS outputs (Comm ports 1 & 2). My other comm port drives the Navaid AP-1 autopilot and I also have a stand alone Trio EZ-1 altitude hold. Both of these are working perfectly.

Here's my questions:

- Will the 296 have any trouble driving two devices from the two comm ports simultaneously?

- I wired the dimmer control (no internal controls) to the cockpit lighting but at anything other than off or full bright cockpit lighting, the PFD will flicker. Do I need a separate dimmer control or a proprietary control from Trutrak?

I sent Trutrak an e-mail as well but it's always good to check on the forum because someone has probably already done this.

Thanks,
Oly

Last edited:
In my experience, the 296 shouldn't have any trouble being connected to two devices.

What kind of potentiometer are you using? We use a 5k pot here for testing. Try that to see if you get better results.

PWM dimmers won't work with the Gemini. It requires a simple potentiometer for adjusting the dimmer circuit voltage input. Thanks, Oly!