Brantel

Well Known Member
Just an FYI to those that are considering or have already bought the Gemini PFD....

At this time it looks like from the manual that the PFD only has the velocity vector type attitude display.

The official statement from TT was that it was to be user selectable between velocity vector and a true attitude display. The product page on the TT website and the new product page both show both modes as features. I asked the question directly on the forums over a year ago and the response was that it would have both modes.

I have a question posted on the TT forum to clarify.

A software update will add this function. Rather than delay the product further, we felt it better to release the product using our existing attitude display.

Good deal Lucas.

Question, will the software be user updatable or will it require sending back to TT for upgrade?

One of two ways. You can send it back to us for update or purchase the TS83 WiFi module and perform software updates in the field as well as log flight data (also to be added in a software update).

Playing with mine now. It seems to be a nice unit here on the desk.

Will put it in the plane and give it a workout and report back sometime soon.

Seems a little pricey. I do want the Gemini as a backup to my eifs though

A bargain compared to the PITA and shipping cost of having to remove and send an autopilot back every year or so for a software update.