prkaye

Well Known Member
Did any 9A/7A builders find the flange of the floor stiffener interefered with part of hte gear mount that bolts to the center section (the arm that extends inboard and then 2 bolts to the center section there... this little piece won't line up with the holes because the floor rib flange is blocking it).
I see two options... one trim the material on hte gear mount, or two try to get a little dremel wheel or something in there to trim back that floor stiffener.

I had a pretty tight fit on one side, but it made it. I almost thought that I would have to do as you suggest.

I had the same problem on the right gear and used a flat "needle" file (I think that is the name of the little thin files) to file the gap at the end of the stiffener wider. It took a while but I thought that it was the safest tool to use. The left side fit OK, thank goodness.

As someone else said ... mine fit very tightly, but required no grinding or modifications. Once the weldments were in, I marveled yet again at how extraordinarily well designed and fabricated the Vans kits are.