rv9aviator

Well Known Member
I am having a difficult time figuring out how to place the paper template on the gear leg fairing since there are no scribe marks on the fairings. I've read a few posts about not trimming the trailing edge but need a little help with the whole process. I will be ordering the intersection fairings from Jan at RV Bits. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Jim,

Make a best guess as to where the paper should go. Obviously the center of the paper (I recall there was a centerline there) should be centered on the leading edge of the fairing. It really doesn't matter if you are off by 1/8 inch as long as you cut the trailing edges the same (i.e., so that the edges match up when you pinch them together). In terms of longitudinally, as long as the paper is all on the fiberglass, you should be good to go. My original gear leg fairings were well (at least a couple inches) up inside the intersection fairings at both ends, so there is plenty of room for minor length mistakes (I used Vans intersection fairings, don't know for sure about others, but probably the same).

cheers,
greg