spinner328

I'm New Here
Hi I have a question on the gear leg fairing's on my RV 6. the plane was test flown without gear leg fairing's and wheel pants on. The turn coordinator would indicate a half a ball out. So I need a little right rudder in Cruz flight which was expected . when I installed the gear leg fairing's the turn coordinator indicated a full ball out requiring more right rudder. No wheel pants have been installed at this point. After flying with the gear leg faring's on and readjusting them as much as possible within the fairing I got from fairings etc which only lets me move the gear leg fairing about a 1/4 of an inch. The ball is still a full deflection out. If I want to move the gear leg faring more I will have to cut and re fiberglass the upper intersection fairing to allow me to move the gear leg fairing more. Would like to here from other people who might of had similar problem and how it was fixed. trying to keep the trim tab on the rudder as small as possible and the fairing's as true to flight as possible.

What was your sequence / procedure for aligning the gear leg fairings. Or are you relying on the geometry of upper intersections fairings to establish the alignment of the gear leg fairings?

The gear leg fairings must be aligned to the "displaced" aircraft centerline in a flight attitude with no weight on the gear. Once established, the intersection fairings (upper & lower) are positioned and attached to hold the gear leg fairings in that alignment position.