Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Gents,

I read somewhere that additional fiberglass was needed under the hinge to help prevent the rivets working through the fairing. I know the fairings are rather thin but has anyone experienced a problem with the rivets working through? Have others added more fiberglass to the fairing under the hinge?

Thanks,

Paul

No problems in 60 hours,

but that's not very long. I do suggest you lay some additional glass on the tabs at the top of the fairings that go under the hose clamps. They tear easily under use and mess up your careful alignment work. Don't ask me how I know...

....read somewhere that additional fiberglass was needed under the hinge to help prevent the rivets working through the fairing. I know the fairings are rather thin but has anyone experienced a problem with the rivets working through?....
Paul,

I never heard that report and assembled the fairings per plans. The photo was taken before the nose and main gear leg fairings were painted. Several years and 250+ operational hours later, I have not detected any working rivets. As always, YMMV.

2qvblao.jpg