TCONROY

Well Known Member
Question for those that purchased the -7 gear intersection fairings from Van's: The instructions that came with them say the fairings were purposefully made thin and to add two layers of 9oz cloth once fitted to the aircraft. I have them fitted and they do seem a bit thin but not too flimsy. Are most of you adding more layers of cloth to provide more support?

I too ordered the intersection fairings from Vans, and yes you do have to add 2-3 layers of glass to them. After doing the lower ones, I decided to save myself the headache and buy the uppers from RVBits. They worked great and were a simple bolt on. No glassing, sanding, shaping, just drill and bolt on.

I wish I would have known the Vans ones required additional glass work, if I would I wouldn't have wasted my time and $$$ on them. Spend the extra $$$ and get them from RVBits.

Oh, BTW, if you do order from RVBits, be prepared for a wait. It took them a month to get them to me because they ship from South Africa :mad:

I bought Van's first and then the RVBits ones. I was not happy with the way any of them looked. I chose to use Van's as a base to build from because I did not know what the surface stuff was on the RVBits pieces.