SmilingJack

Well Known Member
I paired my iPad up to my GDL39 today and was alo trying to pair my iPhone. But, it seemed to only allow 1 device to be paired.

Is this correct?

Seems like a good idea to allow more then one device.

The GDL39 supports two BT connections and one hardwired all at the same time. Or at least it is suppose to.

Have never tried two BT at the same time but will try it next time I am at the airport.

Thanks Brantel.

I should have been more specific:

I have a hard wire setup and I was trying to Bluetooth my iPad and iPhone to allow me to update the firmware and monitor the GDL 39 using the iPad or iPhone instead of using the G3X.

Yea, your suppose to be able to do that.

You should be able to connect three ways at the same time:

2 over BT
1 over hardwire

Of course you would need the GDL39 or the Garmin Pilot app running on the I-devices.

I have tested it myself using the hardwire connection at the same time as the BT to an I-device running the GDL39 app. I will have to test hardwire and two BT devices but the literature says it is possible.

Ok. I'll try it again once back at the airport.

I don't have the Garmin Pilot App.

I'm just using the Garmin Utility App.

3F8F118C-728B-4783-BF74-37248CD707CD-460-00000031BE88941B_zpseef37392.jpg

6E63105A-8A2F-48DC-BF68-380CC6CDA163-460-00000031BDD36294_zps9d49ef0a.jpg

Last edited:
Cool

I have Garmin Pilot trial that came with the GDL39 but did not know there was a utility app, good way to check system status as we do not have the ground stations yet in OK. I will have to check out the multiple BT as I have the 796 hardwired but also have the BT turned on and the system talks to the iPhone and iPad but I have not tried them all simultaneously. I wonder if the 796 connection defaults to the hardwire vice the BT if there are more than 3 BT devices.
Something else to play with:D