DwightFrye

How does one wire a GDL 39 to a G3X (non-touch) EFIS? Is it just connecting to the serial input lines? It is a GDU 375, if the owner is communicating the model number correctly. I have a G3X installation manual, but as best I can tell it doesn't speak -specifically- to the issue of wiring a GDL 39 as the ADS-B IN data source.

Additionally, how does one configure the G3X to receive the ADS-B IN data from the GDL 39? Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks!

How does one wire a GDL 39 to a G3X (non-touch) EFIS? Is it just connecting to the serial input lines? It is a GDU 375, if the owner is communicating the model number correctly. I have a G3X installation manual, but as best I can tell it doesn't speak -specifically- to the issue of wiring a GDL 39 as the ADS-B IN data source.

Additionally, how does one configure the G3X to receive the ADS-B IN data from the GDL 39? Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks!

Hello Dwight,

Page 26-14 of the Rev. AB G3X Installation Manual provides connection and configuration information to connect a GDL 39 to a G3X system.

Thanks,
Steve

Never Mind (I think)

Of course ... as soon as I post a question, I finally find what I need in the G3X manual. On page C-20 of the revision K install manual there is a diagram of the GDL 39 to G3X connections. It was, in fact, as simple as I expected. It can be connected to the #1 or #2 serial ports on the G3X, and it is a simple serial RX/TX connection. Find power and ground somewhere else for the GDL 39 and you are in business.

I guess my only lingering question is whether the pins are standard machined D-SUB pins, or if they are the mini pins. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Update
: I see while I was posting my update, I got reply from Steve .. the g3xpert. Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Pins..

They are standard female sockets on the EFIS connection, and bare wire cable on the GDL39 end.. unless you have the GDL39R, then they are standard female sockets as well.