pmccoy

Well Known Member
Gulf Coast Avionics is having a sale on their home grown headsets. I was wondering if anyone knows how well they work?

I would like to get some feedback before buying a headset I don't know about.

Thanks

Gulf Coast Avionics is having a sale on their home grown headsets. I was wondering if anyone knows how well they work?

I would like to get some feedback before buying a headset I don't know about.

Thanks

The one made by lightspeed is pretty ok :).

GCA ANR Headset

I have a very noisy Hiperbipe and bought the $200.00 GCA / ANR Headset and must say that I like it for the money , it even has a cell phone adaptor .
It compairs to my Dave Clark 13.4 that I converted to ANR and now have $500.00 in that one . If your Not looking for the Best but a Good reasonably priced Headset , " This is it." BTW a friend of mine who has two of the high priced ones bought a GCA / ANR , next one up for $250.00 and really likes it also. I hope this helps. Good luck :)

I'm pretty sure (from the pics & description) that the $199 GCA ANR unit is actually made by Pilot USA Avionics and branded by GCA. I have a similar $235 unit from Aircraft Spruce under their Skycom house brand; it's also built by Pilot USA and is decent, inexpensive headset. It's comfortable with good sound quality and noise attenuation; I'll probably buy another so I can have a matched set. Check out the manufacturers site, http://www.pilot-usa.com/ and find the PA-1761T for $305. Other than the ear dome color it looks just like the GCA unit...

The only problem I've had with it was in the battery pack. The 9V battery snap connector is pretty cheap, so after replacing numerous batteries the wire to the snap connector broke. Bought a beefier snap connector from Radio Shack and spliced it in. 3 bucks and a few minutes with a soldering iron had it better than new.