I'll be there

I'm flying into Rickenbacker Thursday of show week. Already have hangar reserved. I have two uncles attending that both flew the 51 in WW II. They are both in excellent shape and are looking forward to attending the entire event. Both submitted stories and have been invited to attend as Legends.
I'm really excited about that and seeing over 100 51's at the same place.
How can you not have a great time.

I'll be there on Sunday.

I would have be there all four days, but my daughter has a band competition in Ypsilanti (sp?) on Saturday.

There are quite a few local RV'ers in the area.

I'll be there on Friday with a group of co-workers, and Sunday with everyone else! Looks like it's going to be huge!

If people are looking to fly in, the closest airports would probably be:

1. TZR- Bolton Field, Class D
2. LHQ- Lancaster/Fairfield Co, uncontrolled
3. CMH- Port Columbus, Class C
4. OSU- Ohio State, Class D
5. CYO- Pickaway County/Circleville, uncontrolled

Hope to see people there! :D

Mustangs.........

I will be there Friday through Sunday. We are planning to fly in to Fairfield County (LHQ). I am looking forward to meeting other RV owners/pilots/hopefuls there!

Jim Lewellyn
Red RV6

Wish I could

One of my neighbors will be there with his Mustang, SuSu. This was formerly owned by Frank Borman. Wish I could go. Maybe next year.

I plan to be there...in my 172. My son lives in Troy, so I plan to fly up to Sidney on Thursday, fly over to Bolton on Friday, spend Friday at Rickenbacker, then fly back to Sidney Friday afternoon. Then, weather permitting, fly back to North Alabama on Saturday.

Not sure yet if I will rent a car at Bolton or if there will be dependable shuttle busses available.

Can anyone offer advice on shuttle service between Bolton and Rickenbacker?

Don

P.S. After I posted this question, I received a return phone call from a lady at Capitol City Jet (the FBO at Bolton) and she said the Airport Authority plans to update the website to indicate they will have shuttle service available. Hope it happens; but if not, I will reserve a rental car.

Last edited:
I will be there Thursday night through Saturday. I decided to spring for the Legends Club on Saturday for my father and I as a fathers day gift. High price but this is one of those things I will always regret not doing if I let it pass us by...even if it means putting off ordering the empennage for a couple months. Heck, just the idea of meeting Bob Hoover is worth twice what I paid! Money well spent!

Hope to see everyone there. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Corey

Jim Lewellyn said:
Any other RVer's headed to the Gathering of Mustangs and Legends in Columbus, OH?

Here is a link to the web page http://www.gml2007.com/

I will be there with a friend who flew with the 52nd FG out of Italy. It should be a good day for him in particular.

There does seem to be a glitch with the organizers, however, in that they have not sent the grandstand tickets he signed up for months ago. Nor can he contact anyone to find out what's going on.

We are going anyhow, with or without the tickets.

David-aviator said:
There does seem to be a glitch with the organizers, however, in that they have not sent the grandstand tickets he signed up for months ago. Nor can he contact anyone to find out what's going on.

My grandstand tickets were available for printing online when I ordered them.