mikeakers

Code:
Dear Michael,

Your order at Van's Aircraft Web Store has been received.

Your order will be shipped to:
-- snip --

Your web order number is: W12-08291515

Part Number: DVD BUILDER BASICS
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: 34.00

Part Number: RV TRAINING PROJECT-1
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: 35.00

Total Price: $69.00

:)

What are you going to build?

It is hard to stop after you get started. Remember the old movie, "reefer madness"!

What are planning on building? It really is fun and much better than watching TV!

Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a homebuilder. I try to take it "one day at a time", but its hard. I just earned my one month pin, but every day I feel the urge to build. I feel in my heart that if I could just do a couple rivets a day I could handle it. The trouble is, after I drill a few holes I convince myself that "just a few more " won't hurt. My sponsor says it gets easier and I'd like to believe her, but then I get a whiff of MEK and the next thing I know my hands are all cramped and gray with aluminum dust. Just thankful I've got the support of this forum.

I'm at the very beginning of the homebuilding process mostly just curious and getting information. Haven't decided what I would build yet, but the RV-14 looks very interesting to me. Outside of events like Oshkosh or Sun&Fun where is a good place to see the various RV models and go on a demo ride?

I'm at the very beginning of the homebuilding process mostly just curious and getting information. Haven't decided what I would build yet, but the RV-14 looks very interesting to me. Outside of events like Oshkosh or Sun&Fun where is a good place to see the various RV models and go on a demo ride?

Mike,
Contact Vlad here on the forums.
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/private.php?do=newpm&u=9007
Vlad's a great guy, and he also lives in NYC. He flies a RV-9A...a lot...and I'm sure he'll be happy to give you a ride and introduce you to some fellow RV'ers.

But be aware that you'll probably end up buying lunch... :D

Vlad seems like an interesting character, I'll get in touch with him.

Hearing that he's built an RV in a NY apartment gives me some hope, since I'm in a similar situation.

Umm, when you get a hold of Vlad, just remember there will likely be a few hungry mouths to feed!

We often fly on Sundays and Mondays.