dandmdan

I'm New Here
Patron
Anyone know if there is a replacement part# for the valve threaded into the gasolator? Mine has the drips. Probably an Oring issue.

My gascolator has the same push type drain valve as my fuel tanks supplied in my Vans kit. It is a Saf-Air CAV-110 valve. If you buy some spare O-rings from Spruce ($.45 each), be advised, they are not resistant to auto fuels. Make sure you use thread sealant when you reinstall the valve and don’t get it on the first couple of threads. An O-ring lube applied to the O-ring prior to installation will make it easier to install on the valve. I carry a spare drain valve and a couple spare O-rings in my flyaway kit.

My gascolator has the same push type drain valve as my fuel tanks supplied in my Vans kit. It is a Saf-Air CAV-110 valve. If you buy some spare O-rings from Spruce ($.45 each), be advised, they are not resistant to auto fuels. Make sure you use thread sealant when you reinstall the valve and don’t get it on the first couple of threads. An O-ring lube applied to the O-ring prior to installation will make it easier to install on the valve. I carry a spare drain valve and a couple spare O-rings in my flyaway kit.
I am using the O-rings from Spruce and use auto gas exclusively, 10% ethanol, no leaks in 500 hours. I can say, don’t pull down on the drain, (moving part) of the valve to assist removing a stuck bowl. It will cut the o-ring.
EDIT, The part # on the O-rings I am using is MS209513-006, according to Spruce they are "aviation fuel resistant". I don't know the affect ethanol has on them long term. I will source the viton equivalent. Again I have been using tone for over 500 hrs with no complaints so........

Last edited:
I am using the O-rings from Spruce and use auto gas exclusively, 10% ethanol, no leaks in 500 hours. I can say, don’t pull down on the drain, (moving part) of the valve to assist removing a stuck bowl. It will cut the o-ring.
I’ve never used auto fuel in my plane (yet), so I have no experience. I was just quoting what it says in the Spruce site/catalog about auto fuel compatibility.

I’ve never used auto fuel in my plane (yet), so I have no experience. I was just quoting what it says in the Spruce site/catalog about auto fuel compatibility.

Here is the Viton equivalent: