Allan Stern

Well Known Member
I have an 8A QB and where they have the hole drilled for fuel line exiting the firewall, if you install the Van's gascolator at that position, it interferes with engine mount. So how have some of you folks overcome this? Mount the gascolator out from firewall, or move it entirely up or over?

Just looking for a couple of pointers. I am going with overkill on this as I have also installed the fuel flow filter or would that be enough?

thanks for the help.

Allen, I have an 8 and I'm not sure of the layout on the "A" but I came out of the firewall bent the line inboard and then mounted my Andair gascolator on a piece of angle that I made into a mounting bracket that I then bolted to the firewall. Then ran the line out of the gascolator to the Carb. Hope this helps. Joel McMillian

Thats for FI Engines

I went through this a while back, you have to drill a hole for gascolator placement, the pre-punched hole is for fuel injected engines. The location for your gascolator should be in the plans somewhere, in the firewall forward plans I think. I am away from home or I could find it for you.