Brockster

Well Known Member
I chose to install the gascolator bracket, battery box, and solenoids while the firewall is still removed and have a few questions. I could not find anywhere instructions to install the gascolator bracket except for some measurements on drawing 19 giving dimensions to center the gascolator. Not sure what those measurements are for. I located the bracket by keeping the angled end up tight against the stiffener and pushing it up until the hole in the joggled end was in line with the rivets along the side. Then I drilled all my holes except for three in the middle of the bracket. There are two 3/16" holes and one 1/8 " hole. Are the 3/16' ones for the gascolator to mount to? Should I install nutplates here or drill holes clear through for nut and bolt? I don't have the gascolator yet so I can't look at it. Is the 1/8" hole located between the two 3/16 '' holes for a single rivet or something else? Any help greatly appreciated.

The gascolator bracket is shown only on the drawing that comes with the FFW kit. You can buy the sheet from Vans or maybe someone will be nice enough to fax you the section of the drawing that covers the bracket.

I'm building a 7A or I would fax it to you myself.

Jekyll