pvalovich

Well Known Member
Anyone know the size of the screws to be used to mount the Garmin 496 XM antenna? There are 2 tapped holes on the bottom but I can't find a screw that fits.

I experienced the same challange, disappoints me that we purchase Garmin products and they don't include the 2 small screws to mount the XM antenna,,, I went to the local hardware store and I believe they are 3mm?? They are metric anyway.
Kenny Gene

can't say for sure, but all the screws I've used on the back of Garmin units are metric - just used some 4mm on a portable to attach the mount - the antenna is smaller, so it might be 3....buy a couple of each at Home Depot Aviation Supply and save an extra trip (to go back and get the right ones....)

Only useful info out of this post - they're most likely metric.

Paul

XM Antenna Mounting Screws - YGTBSM

Just talked to Garmin - after a long time on hold. Stupid me - I figured the screw size would be depicted on p. 1 of the GXM 30A Manual, where a "Unit Overview" is presented, along with a separate "Mounting Holes" label. Naw - the screw size (M3 x 0.5) is actually shown on p. 28.

The Garmin rep did not agree with me when I allowed as how their manual was hosed, nor when I asked them to send me a couple screws. Guess one has to understand $2400 limitations.