flightlogic

Well Known Member
Patron
Having worked for a major avionics manufacturer (not American) that treated customers like victims rather than a source of paychecks, it is refreshing to say the least to own Garmin products. Some complain about the cost of database updates. I understand the behind the scenes costs having seen it close up. G3expert has been on here regularly and is tactful when we are slow... knowledgeable when we are confused and most of all... willing to get answers. When we are building, wiring or just fixing things, it is frustrating to get stalled on what is a conundrum for us, and easy for the guys on the inside.
Thank you for watching the forums and finding solutions for us. Cheers, Nick

I could not agree more with Nicks assessment on the wonderful support from the Garmin folks. They decided to find a piece of the pie in the experimental market and are doing it right!

Garmin's support of the experimental community and VAF in particular has been nothing short of astonishing to me. I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
I appreciate Steve and Matt answering questions on our site after-hours and on weekends and holidays when we are building and researching.

Great job guys!

Thanks!

i remember back in about 1991 or 2. i had a garmin 12 handheld and in the woods of northern wi. it was like a miracle. i called garmin for help downloading to my computer. i got the impression i was talking to 2 guys that were in the back room of an office ,where the copy machine paper and toner was kept, doing r and d on their garmin products. they were happy to be on the phone for as long as it took to get my problem solved.
they have a bigger ''back room ''now but their customer service was #1 back when they first got started too.

RECENT ACTION!!!!!

... I recently purchased an ADSB/GDL-39 unit to compliment my Garmin 796 GPS. I was very anxious to take my new acquisition and play with it, as to me this was an impulse item. I couldn't get it to function at all, no mater how hard I tried. I called Garmin Support, was very impressed with them, their suggestions and methodology to evaluate the problem. After a couple of telephone calls, a few wiring changes etc. it was determined that I had received a defective unit and they have already shipped me a replacement (currently in route). My wiring configuration is somewhat departed from the norm, and I wasn't sure that I perhaps caused or contributed to the problem. They assured me that was not the case and not to worry. I must say, this type of service is a rare thing from a company of their size and is generally associated with smaller firms. I am very happy with these guys and my treatment. Thanks, Allan....:D