DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I upgraded my SL40 to an SL30, and am making my final wiring. I am just not quite sure of myself, has anyone else done this and if it worked OK, still has their wiring handy? I would appreciate any help on this.

SL30

I'll pull out the pages you might need from my SL30 manual later today. What are you looking for other than wiring diag's?
Rich Paulsen 707.489.4243

I have the SL30 manuals, what I am confused about is what goes where for the Skyview setup. There is for instance a 37 pin and a 15 pin terminal on the back of the tray, yet we use only a half dozen or so of them with the Skyview. The terms used for the terminals is not too helpful.

After our conversation it looks like you only need to remove Pin #10 RX from your SL40 15 pin connector and put it into Pin #4 RX position on the SL30-37pin connector. Then remove Pin #3 TX from your SL40 15 pin connector and put it into Pin #5 TX position on the SL30-37pin connector. Then remove Pin #11 Gnd from your SL40 15 pin connector and put it into Pin #3 Gnd position on the SL30-37pin connector.

From what you told me about your current installation this should work since you already had a SL40 connected and working to the skyview and are just upgrading to the SL30.

Easy cheesy!!!!