kaweeka

Well Known Member
I've been using Fly Q from Seattle Avionics for a while but as I am going to an all Garmin panel thought I'd try Garmin Pilot for continuity. I like Pilot but there is one feature that, in my humble opinion, is a significant shortcoming. When planning in Fly Q, one can designate a waypoint as a stopover for fuel and the software allows you to specify how much fuel to add. This is useful when taking a trip beyond the specified endurance. In Pilot, this is not an option so any flight beyond the "one tank" endurance is shown as a negative fuel. It would be nice to plan a trip from my home base of KLHM to KOSH and incorporate fuel stops so a realistic picture of the flight can be seen. If anyone has a workaround for this, please let me know.
Happy Thanksgiving,
David

That's not the issue. It's a planning deficiency in the program, not when I actually stop and fuel up. Try and plan a flight from, say , Sacramento to Oshkosh with the Garmin Pilot. There's no way to plan a stop to add fuel. This is a nice feature when you can see fuel prices, plan where to stop for fuel and continue your trip.

I do that with multiple flight plans as I'm usually IFR on X/c's. Never thought to do it with one uber plan when VFR. In any event, I don't consider that much of a EFB deficiency but to each his own.