rocketbob

Well Known Member
I've been playing around with Garmin Pilot on my iPhone, iPad, and the Android version on a Galaxy Note.

On the iPad, it allows me me to turn on the Nav Bar at the top but the iPhone and Android versions do not. I assume it only is allowed to be turned on something with a larger display like a Nexus 7 or iPad. For me this is a vital feature, to be able to see distance to next waypoint, track, bearing, etc.

Since the Galaxy Note is almost the perfect size to replace a Garmin 496 is there a way to turn on the Nav Bar?

I have GP on a Nexus 7 and it has a user configurable nav bar. You can choose how many items you would like, and what you want each item to be.

On the Nexus 7, in portrait mode, 5 items fit across the top. I have mine set for ten total, a quick swipe left or right enable you to use all ten. It works great.

I don't think it even gives you the option for the nav bar on smaller devices, but you can see if it's available under Settings > Map. If it's available you'll see an on-off radio button and a selection for the number of items to show.

Doug

Last edited: