boomer

Well Known Member
Anyone using Pilot with an Android device seen this? Background: In Dec. 2013 I purchased one year updates to Garmin Pilot and IFR Premium, which includes SafeTaxi. Everything has been fine until the latest update to Pilot. Now when I go to the Airport Info page and select SafeTaxi for that airport, it says that I do not have a subscription and will not show the SafeTaxi. However, it continues to allow me to update my SafeTaxi databases and shows that they are current.

Additionally, when I go to Pilot on my iphone with the same user login, it shows that I have an up-to-date subscription and allows me to access SafeTaxi.

I've emailed Garmin but have not received a reply. Anyone else lost SafeTaxi on their Pilot/Android setup?

-John Banister

Call

Best thing is to call Garmin. Just called them last week with a Garmin Pilot question.

I have Mark's direct line. 913-440-5341

I have not seen this behavior.

One easy fix to try: Uninstall the app, and then reinstall the app. Your subscription info is cloud-based, so it will reinstall effortlessly. I'd bet a nickel that this fixes the problem.

Note: You will probably have to download the charts again. Not that this requires any effort, but it will take some time.