pierre smith

Well Known Member
....yesterday, on the way to Jekyll. When I tried to put in the squawk code, nothing happened at all...it just stared at me with 1200 showing.

IIRC, the last time I flew, I had pushed the 'VFR' button, so maybe it's stuck there, not allowing me to enter anything else. Gonna try tapping the VFR button..

Has this happened to any of you?

Thanks,

I have the same problem

My GTX 327 is stuck on 1200 and won't allow input of any new code. This sounds like the same problem you had. How did you solve it?

I have read the manual and pushed every key, help.

John

Did you try this?

I know it sounds simple but did you try turning it off and back on? My 330S did it once and I recycled it and it then worked fine.

Stuck on 1200

Yes, I recycled it several times and even pulled it out of the panel. It keeps going back to showing 1200. If I push the VFR button it goes to the last code but it won't take any input (except the numbers 0 and 1).

John

Maybe try this

Two long shot ideas:

The VFR button may be stuck. I've never seen this on a Garmin unit, but that type of key can jam up even if it looks like it isn't jammed. Worst case, you may have to remove the unit from the panel and loosen the front bezel a bit, wiggle it, and tighten it back down again. If corrects the problem, I'd send the unit in for a new keypad.

Also, I vaguely remember that the rear connector has provisions for some external functions (squat switch, etc.). You might check the installation manual (not the pilot's manual) and see if there's an input pin that activates the 1200 code. Then make sure nothing is contacting that pin.

M

Buttons get oxidation

problems. Before start up I have turned the unit on and pushed the buttons for a while and they start working. Sometimes push one button and hold for 10 seconds and repeat 10 times. Then go to next button. Lasts for a few months. If you can massage the buttons back to work this will prepare you for other domestic duties.
Dale