cristianomc

Hello guys!

I have a Garmin GTS800 working with a GA58 dual blade directional antenna on top.

I?m thinking to buy another antenna to the botton but I?m in doubt betweeen the monopole omnidirectional antenna or the dual blade directional antenna.

The fisrt one is cheaper but I read in the GTS800 instalation manual that a omnidirectional would not give the bearing. Does it occours even when a GA58 is installed on top?

About a directional on botton would it give me false alarms originated by the landing gears, in especial from the nose?

Any help please?

Thank you all!

Cristiano

i used two dual blade on my RV-10. I believe you will get bearing from the top antenna for each quadrant only to the extent it can receive the information (thus the need for the lower as well). eight cables is alot to run!

i used two dual blade on my RV-10. I believe you will get bearing from the top antenna for each quadrant only to the extent it can receive the information (thus the need for the lower as well). eight cables is alot to run!

Thank you!

So, if the target isn't visible to the top directional antenna I'll not get the bearing?