aviationone

Well Known Member
I just got my new Garmin GTR 200 installed and wanted to give it a two thumbs up. The rack and connector was typical Garmin (high quality) instillation was straight forward and all expected parts (Rack ect) was included with the radio.
The radio is installed in an RV8 with a Dynon Skyview. I checked the audio from the skyveiw and also the frequency auto tune. All works great. Not being at an airport yet but I was able to pick up clear audio from the tower at Paine Field and the traffic in the local area.

comm%2520120.JPG

Radio out of the box.

IMG_0634.JPG

I still need to paint the panel. The plan was to offset the radio to the right but I had already mounted the Dynon EMS behind the panel and it would have hit. This radio does require about 10" of depth with wiring so plan accordingly.

IMG_0635.JPG

Showing KSEA auto tuned

Looks nice! Mine's in transit, or so i've been told... Installation will be a good fall project for a rainy day.

Got tired of waiting

I wanted one in July and it was promised in Aug, When no one could give an update on when it would arrive, I cancelled in Sept. Looks like they will be avail in Oct, about two months after all the promos and hoopla.

Vaporware and over promising and under delivering in the experiential avionics arena has me weary. Went ahead and fixed the icom A200.

That piece looks nice! Congrats!

I just got my new Garmin GTR 200 installed and wanted to give it a two thumbs up. The rack and connector was typical Garmin (high quality) instillation was straight forward and all expected parts (Rack ect) was included with the radio.
The radio is installed in an RV8 with a Dynon Skyview. I checked the audio from the skyveiw and also the frequency auto tune. All works great. Not being at an airport yet but I was able to pick up clear audio from the tower at Paine Field and the traffic in the local area.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for the report and we are pleased that the installation went well.

We appreciate everyone's patience on receiving the GTR 200 radio they orderd.

We have had delays getting enough installation racks to meet customer demand, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Lots of radios are leaving Kansas now, but CJ is correct that it will be sometime in October before we complete enough units to work down our back orders for this popular radio.

Thanks,
Steve