Tom Delaney

Well Known Member
I am in need of the wiring diagram showing the pin numbers from this radio to AV50001 control module. I couldn't locate it on Van's site. Thanks!

Deciphering electrical schematic

Thanks Joe!

In the schematic I am interested in the GTR-200 page and specifically the pilot headset jack. Could you help me understand the nomenclature below the wire line for this headset jack?

As always thank you for your valuable input..

The ## symbol stands for Van's AV-50000A.
On the AV-50000A are several connectors. The headset uses the intercom and optional connectors on the AV-50000A. So OPT 28## represents pin 28 of the optional connector on the AV-50000A. Likewise, INT 11## represents pin 11 of the intercom connector on the AV-50000A.

The ES-00147 Headset module has a 12 pin connector. Pins 3, 4, and 8 are
for the headphone. Pins 2 and 5 are for the mic.

The wire numbers on Van's electrical drawing are actually part numbers.
While most of them are unique, some wire part numbers could be used in more than one circuit if they happen to be the same color and length and wire size. 2CS stands for two conductor shielded cable. That is followed by
the AWG wire size, for instance 22. The last number is the length in
inches, for instance 31 inches.

Awesome info Joe, thanks.

I have been trying to locate the Garmin GTR-200 radio within the wiring diagram "after 8/25/2011" in Autocad360. When I open the file I only see the Garmin SL40. I have played with the different layers but cannot locate one that contains the GTR-200:confused:

I spoke with Van's support and his file shows the GTR-200. He said he is using that same file that is available for download so I must be missing something.

Does anyone else see the GTR-200? If so, I would appreciate knowing what layer it is in or how to display it.

Success!

Not sure what I was doing wrong. I have to assume I was downloading the wrong file. Anyway, I can now move forward with some troubleshooting on the radio.