NovaBandit

Well Known Member
I know that the squelch level for the GTR20 can be set in the G3X Config screen, but is it possible to adjust the squelch level without going into config mode?

I had a flight a while back where the freq was just really "noisy", and it was constantly breaking squelch. I've since adjusted the level a bit higher, but it would have been great to be able to adjust that level while in flight.

The GTN has the same issue, but if I could adjust the squelch level in flight on at least one of my radios, I could get along temporarily at least.

I've now verified I have a similar issue and need.

I had to "open the squelch" for a flight today because approach control was hearing me loud and clear but their transmission wasn't brawling the GTR20 squelch.

It seems a very favorable capability since it's difficult to calibrate the radio squelch on the ground and there are a wide range in quality of ground station transmitters.

In the meantime, how do we determine the minimum squelch when sitting on the ground and no local station is available? (Eg, on the ground at a private grass strip)

Last edited: