rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I just turned on my panel for the first the other day and working on the configuring including the autopilot. I get an error message on my panel and checking the pitch servo, there is a red light showing. On my roll servo, there is a blinking green light.

I tried a working servo from another plane and things worked fine.

Is there a reset or other way to check the servo? Has anyone else had experience with a component not working when they first installed it? Any idea on costs to repair if needed?

You could swap the servos and see if the problem follows the individual servo or stays in the same location. Hopefully they're not closed in...

Don't have the manuals at home to offer any better advice.

Thanks Ed. I already swapped one from another plane and it worked fine. I think this one is toast. Hopefully Garmin will stand behind it or at least repair it for a reasonable price.

I love the panel. I just sit there and stare at it! What fun. I can't wait to get my plane done. I should be ready for engine start before the end of the year.

Follow up: A quick email to Steinair and they are contacting Garmin for me to ship the servo in for repair or replacement. Garmin is already shipping me a repalcement and I just have to ship the other one back.

Great service from both Steinair and Garmin!

Last edited: