Davepar

Well Known Member
Anybody know where to find the install manual for a GNS-430W? I have the older 430 install manual, but things have changed in the setup screens.

Specifically, I'm trying to increase the sidetone volume. I put in a higher value and push enter, but when I reboot the unit the new value doesn't seem to take.

Dave, if I remember this right...

The side tone value is set at three different frequencies (I don't remember which frequencies, highest, lowest, and the middle?). Setting anywhere else has not effect, but the unit will allow you to do it.

Kent

Thanks Kent. I think that's the answer. The older install manual I have specified 3 frequencies that are allowed, but it let me set 122.75 so I used it. So all 3 need to be set? The factory setting is something like 33. I can't hear myself at all with that value. I've probably been yelling at the controllers.

I checked Mike's web page last night, but didn't see the W versions. I'll check again.

it's there.... and a GX-65 request...

Davepar said:
Thanks Kent. I think that's the answer. The older install manual I have specified 3 frequencies that are allowed, but it let me set 122.75 so I used it. So all 3 need to be set? The factory setting is something like 33. I can't hear myself at all with that value. I've probably been yelling at the controllers.

I checked Mike's web page last night, but didn't see the W versions. I'll check again.

Try this ....

http://www2.mstewart.net:8080/Downloads/gns430w_IM.pdf

Now, does anyone have a GX-65 Installation Manual?

gil in Tucson

I remember setting mine at max value (65)?

Davepar said:

I am hooked through a pm6000M audio panel and have a SL30 for my other radio.

Kent