rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I just received the mounting plate for my GMU22. It is for the 7 and 9 airframes. It is a $25.00 item that can easily be made. If anyone wants an exact to scale PDF of it with all the holes to assure proper alignment, I will scan it this evening when I get back to the office. Email me at my UN with an "[email protected]" and I will send it along.

rockwoodrv9a

Last edited:
That's very cool of you!

I went ahead and fabricated mine from the description in the G3X Manual.

DSC01802.JPG

Nice work. I wish I had just made mine too. It wasnt the cost - just the couple days it took to get here.
It is a much easier fabrication piece than I thought it would be. I used my cheap mic from HF and it comes out at .062. It doesn't feel that thick but I guess it is. The main requirement is to have it square with the panel and center line of the plane.

I checked it again and that is what my cheap mic is showing. I can't imagine it needs to be nearly that thick. The deck checks out at .043. Im not sure why it would need to be thicker than the surface it is being mounted to.

I just checked mine. I used 0.040 sheet. Likely figuring, like you, that the same thickness as the base material was fine. :)