Richard Connell

Well Known Member
SERVICE ADVISORY: GEA 24B
Garmin has issued Service Advisory 24032 to advise you of important product information concerning unit operations and/or handling.

Products Affected:
GEA 24B (011-05991-00 and 011-05991-01) units installed in GI 275 and G3X™ Flight Display systems with 6-Cylinder engines, or experimental aircraft using any of the pins listed in Table 1 are affected.

NOTE
GI 275 and G3X systems are not affected if any of the following LRUs are also installed:

• GEA 24 (011-02848-00/01)
• GEA 24 (011-02848-00/01)

All G500/G600 TXi, G1000 NXi, and GX000 systems are also not affected.

Issue:
Due to transient voltages on the electrical system, such as during engine startup or during magneto checks, the GI 275 or G3X may invalidate the engine gauges that use GEA 24B analog inputs.

Examples of gauges that may be flagged invalid (typically with a red ‘X’) are:

• manifold pressure
• fuel pressure
• oil pressure

ACTION:

Reset the GEA 24B circuit breaker (i.e., ENG SNSR) to restore the engine gauges.

RESOLUTION:

This problem may be resolved by maintenance of the aircraft electrical system. Contact a dealer for more information.

This Service Advisory will be revised when a unit specific resolution is available.

Attachments

• 24032A_Time1716385852580.pdf
    81 KB · Views: 27
Bit of a strange SA.

@g3xpert

If the GEA is being fed voltage stabilized power at startup through the GAD27 would that prevent this behavior?
If I had understood it correctly, the software 9.41 added new support for
the GEA24 temp input 5 and 6.
This may have something to do with it.
As this problem is specific to input 5/6
I don't think there is related to the power supply.

If I had understood it correctly, the software 9.41 added new support for
the GEA24 temp input 5 and 6.
This may have something to do with it.
As this problem is specific to input 5/6
I don't think there is related to the power supply.
They are actually unrelated. Support for the temp 5/6 inputs is not affected if you have a legacy GEA 24.

If you use those inputs with a GEA24B, you may see issues with analog inputs during things like a magneto check. This can be resolved by resetting the unit. If you experience this, please give us a call and we can work with you to address your specific installation.

Thanks,

Justin

They are actually unrelated. Support for the temp 5/6 inputs is not affected if you have a legacy GEA 24.

If you use those inputs with a GEA24B, you may see issues with analog inputs during things like a magneto check. This can be resolved by resetting the unit. If you experience this, please give us a call and we can work with you to address your specific installation.

Thanks,

Justin
Hi Justin,

Do you know if the GEA is being fed voltage stabilized power at startup through the GAD27 would that prevent this behavior (as asked above)?

Regards, Marc