bobmarkert

Well Known Member
Today was the day I was going to install the G3X autopilot roll servo in my RV8. My plan was to use the Tru Track mount I purchased before I switched to Garmin equipment. The Tru Trak mount locates the servo in the fuselage and attaches to the control stick roll axis. The Garmin install manual shows the roll servo in the right wing.

The PITCH servo is already installed using the Tru Trak Pitch mount and worked great with the Garmin servo for the pitch axis.

Did I have a dream the Tru Trak mount would work with the GSA 28 ROLL servo in the fuselage?

There is a section in the G3X install manual referring to a generic mount. Has anyone successfully mounted the GSA 28 roll servo in a RV8 fuselage using a Tru Trak mount or must the servo go in the wing?

I've searched the forum using " Garmin G3X Roll servo" "GSA28" and several other combinations with no luck....

Thank You

Last edited:
Hello Bob,

Please send us an email and we will send you some pictures of a GSA28 roll servo mounted in the fuselage of an RV-8A.

Thanks,
Steve

Resurrecting...

How difficult would it be to retrofit Garmin servos into a Dynon installation? I have Dynon Skyview (capable - I currently have a D100/AP74) servos mounted in the wing and tail? I'm about to pull the trigger on a EFIS MLU and want to consider G3X IF it is reasonably easy to swap the Dynon servos for the Garmin servos. This is on an RV-8A btw....

Same question. I installed dynon servos in my wind and fuse of the RV9 and am pulling them to substitute the G3X servos. I was waiting to see what they looked like before changing any of the existing mounts but advance knowledge would be nice. Anyone done this?

Non event

changing the bracket and servo can be done in less than one hour, even through a single access plate. Might as well get the garmin servos and brackets so you can follow the manual verbatim. I swapped an entire trio setup for a garmin setup in one weekend, including de-wire and re-wire, old brackets for new. Nothing wrong with the trio, just made sense with the dual g3x and gmc305

Wiring up a CAN BUS is another research project though:D

Garmin Servos will work in either Dynon or Tru trak mounts.
You can use the existing wing or fuselage for the roll servo, and also the pitch servo will work. You will probably have to grind a slight relief for the motor housing, but the bolt pattern is the same.